Monday 22 April 2013

Magpie Monday - Singer Sewing Machine

I haven't joined in with Magpie Monday before, but some of my favourite bloggers do and I always marvel over their finds. I do love looking through charity shops and finding a bargain.

And this week I couldn't resist joining in because I have recently found a new great place to rummage through and find all sorts of treasures.

This new found treasure cove is actually a charity  called The Star Foundation, who help children in the local community pursue their interests in sport and art activities. They help raise money by recycling all sorts of things including old furniture..

The warehouse is full of all sorts of bits and bobs from tables and chairs to TV's toys and games and wooden cabinets.

The other day we were having a look around and we noticed this old singer table top sewing machine sat unloved in a dimly lit corner of the warehouse.

1933tabletop singer sewing machineWe asked how much they wanted for it and couldn't resist bringing it home when we were told wecould have it for just £15 With a bit of a clean it looks lovely and is in fact in excellent condition for its age.

singer sewing machine black on table with draws
Once we looked over it we found that it has all the original receipts, instruction booklets needles and bits and bobs from when it was made in 1933.

singer sewing machine receipts
old singer sewing needles antique

It really is a lovely sewing machine, and the best thing is it still works perfectly, although my sewing skills are far from worthy, I really need to learn how to sew, Darren however is abit of a dab hand at sewing and so he has had a go and made a lovely pillow out of an old flag.

singer iron table top sewing machine

We have now become a little addicted to having a look through the furniture in the Star foundations warehouse and I'm sure we will be finding more bits of old furniture to add to the room to match the sewing machines vintage look so I hope to be joining in with MagpieMonday again soon, if you want to see what others have found this week then click on the badge below to visit Me and My Shadow blog and the others joining in showing off their second hand finds.

Me and My Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...