Saturday 1 December 2012

The Christmas Tag

The wonderful Emma, all the way over in Cyprus but just a couple of clicks away on the great blog 'A matter of Choice' tagged me in The Christmas Tag meme, and seems as I'm in the Christmas mood after the Light Switch on last night I thought it was a perfect time to do my post.



Q1. What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

I love Christmas, I think I like the run up to Christmas more than the day itself, I love the music, the food, the decorations, staying in warm and cosy and watching Christmas films with the Christmas tree brightly decorated, the magic in childrens eyes - Everything :)

Q2. What's your favourite make up look for the festive season?

I don't wear make up any time of the year so I don't really know!

Q3. Real or fake tree?

We always used to have a real tree when I was growing up, but since moving out I have always had a fake one, I think practical terms fakes better, but real ones do look nice.

Q4. Giving presents or receiving them?

 I think once you become a mum giving presents becomes the main focus, I don't worry if I have got anything to open myself but I do love to give presents.
Q5. Do you open your presents Christmas morning or evening?

Morning - as a child I always remember waiting with my sister eager to go down stairs and my mum and dad not allowing us down until we were all dressed, but we would all be up and dressed before 6am eager to see what Santa had left us, I don't make my own children get dressed come Christmas morning we go down stairs in our PJ's and dressing gown, and they get to open presents once everyone is awake.


Q6. Handmade Christmas cards or bought?

I love personalised cards and the children love to make them themselves too so most family get personalised cards.

Q7. What's your favourite Christmas film?

I love loads of Christmas films, I love  Miracle on 34th Street, but my favourite more than that is the 1985 classic  Santa Claus the movie, it is the most amazing Christmas film full of magic and wonder - if anyone hasn't seen it - then get it right now!!

Q8. What's your favourite Christmas food?

I am not a huge fan of Mince pies or Christmas pudding, but everything else I love, I love the whole turkey dinner with all the trimmings, sausages and bacon rolls, all the veg everything, I also love trifle and if there is any time when you have to have trifle at some point its Christmas, I always remember my gran making the most amazing trifles at Christmas too.
I'm tagging Sarah at  Follow My Line and Mandy at HexMum

4 comments:

  1. Great answers. I love the build up too,and it drives me nuts that my hubby says Christmas is ONLY ONE DAY, he would have me put up the dec's on Crhistmas Eve if he had his way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree that the present side of things shouldn't be extravagant as its only a day - but the magic of Christmas is the run up - the visits to garden centers, seeing Santa, the lights, the food, the music - the actual day and giving gifts is just one part of it :) x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. Makes me feel warm inside to think of all those nice Christmassy things. We had a real tree growing up. Since I've been on boats I've had no tree: no room. Now we're on a bigger boat we're having our first boat Christmas this year. We'll get a real tree because of the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that'll be really nice having a tree, you don't have to have masses of decorations to make a boat look christmasy! :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...